There’s still plenty of time to register for this week’s course CAI M204 course on community governance.
This course is part of the Community Association Institute’s PMDP series for professional community association managers. I’ve been teaching the course for about a dozen years, and will be teaching it this Thursday and Friday in Sandy, Utah. About 20 students are currently registered to attend.
Areas covered in the course include:
- Developing and enforcing rules
- Using an attorney or other professional advisor
- Conflicts of interest and ethics
- Reviewing and amending governing documents
- Statutes and case law affecting community management
- Fiduciary responsibilities of association boards, committees and managers
- Management contracts
While the course is designed primarily for managers, I’ve also taught the course to attorneys and board members. If you want to know more about governance, and have the time, I encourage you to join me. More information and a registration link can be found here.