16-6a-1601. Corporate records.
(1) A nonprofit corporation shall keep as permanent records:
(a) minutes of all meetings of its members and board of directors;
(b) a record of all actions taken by the members or board of directors without a meeting;
(c) a record of all actions taken by a committee of the board of directors in place of the board of directors on behalf of the nonprofit corporation; and
(d) a record of all waivers of notices of meetings of members and of the board of directors or any committee of the board of directors.
(2) A nonprofit corporation shall maintain appropriate accounting records.
(3) A nonprofit corporation or its agent shall maintain a record of its members in a form that permits preparation of a list of the name and address of all members:
(a) in alphabetical order, by class; and
(b) showing the number of votes each member is entitled to vote.
(4) A nonprofit corporation shall maintain its records in written form or in another form capable of conversion into written form within a reasonable time.
(5) A nonprofit corporation shall keep a copy of each of the following records at its principal office:
(a) its articles of incorporation;
(b) its bylaws;
(c) resolutions adopted by its board of directors relating to the characteristics, qualifications, rights, limitations, and obligations of members or any class or category of members;
(d) the minutes of all members’ meetings for a period of three years;
(e) records of all action taken by members without a meeting, for a period of three years;
(f) all written communications to members generally as members for a period of three years;
(g) a list of the names and business or home addresses of its current directors and officers;
(h) a copy of its most recent annual report delivered to the division under Section 16-6a-1607; and
(i) all financial statements prepared for periods ending during the last three years that a member could have requested under Section 16-6a-1606.
Enacted by Chapter 300, 2000 General Session
57-8-17. Records of receipts and expenditures — Availability for examination.
The manager or management committee shall keep detailed, accurate records in chronological order, of the receipts and expenditures affecting the common areas and facilities, specifying and itemizing the maintenance and repair expenses of the common areas and facilities and any other expenses incurred. Records and the vouchers authorizing the payments involved shall be available for examination by the unit owners at convenient hours of weekdays.
Enacted by Chapter 111, 1963 General Session